Sunday, November 16, 2008

Clean Shower Curtain

Sorry to anyone looking for a blog full of carefree adventures -- it takes a lot of preparation to be carefree and adventurous. For now, it is just ordinary, daily life adventures. Today's exciting revelation: shower curtains can be resurrected! Luke was embarrassed because we have guests coming the next two weekends and the shower curtain was growing pink mold. I didn't want to buy a new shower curtain, and suggested explaining the mold, you know, like "Hey, welcome to our house. Normally, we would buy a new shower curtain but we're moving soon. Hope you don't mind!"

Luke is classier than I am, so we eventually came to a compromise -- we would clean the shower curtain. Folks, this is easy! I'm posting the directions below, and I hope you have as much fun cleaning your shower curtain as we did!

To remove soap scum and mildew from plastic shower curtains and liners, fill the washing machine with warm water, 1 cup of white vinegar and your regular laundry detergent. Add the curtains, along with several old, light-colored towels. Run through the complete cycle and rehang curtain immediately.

On a side note, I've been trying to get some mud stains out of a white sweater of Abi's. I tossed that in with the curtain and it actually came out! I don't know if it was the vinegar, the warm water, or the plastic, but it works for me!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm loving your cleaning adventures and tips. As you know, not all of us DEEP clean that often.