Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Resolutions

I saw a post of resolutions on a blog I read pretty frequently called My Money Story.  Several people had written 2008 resolutions on their blog, and they reflected on them yesterday.  I thought that was an interesting idea.  Consider these goals up for review in 2010.

Despite the fact I could be skinnier, healthier, more well read, and a better person, I really only have one goal this year, and that is to be present for this year.  I have a tendency to get side-tracked by all the little things in life sometimes, and there are a few big things happening that I want to leave myself open to this year.  

1.  I'm living incredibly close to family for the first time in 7 years.  We live with my mother in law and within 15 minutes of cousins close in age to the kids.

2.  We're going around the world on Semester at Sea.

3.  I won't be working.

It seems we have been given the gifts of time, family, and simplicity.  I have a horrible habit of getting side-tracked by all the little things when life gives me gifts like that.  So, my goals are:

1.  Get to know my family better.  I don't just want to spend more time with them, I want to know them better.

2.  Take lots of pictures and write in a journal.  Sound simple?  Try doing it with a three year old -- it takes effort!


No comments: