Sunday, August 17, 2008

Swap Success

Just an update on the Back-2-School Clothing Swap. We had the event yesterday, and 30 families participated. Just 30 families had over 1000 items of clothing! It was nice to see all of these things recycled and put to use by local folks. Part of the advertising for the event was done on the radio, and people even came all the way from Spokane to participate. The event was such a success that we are looking into doing it again soon. Next time, I hope we can get some translators together to do some advertising in Spanish, Korean, and Chinese. I think that would help us reach more members of our community.

2 comments:

Rach said...

That is awesome! I wish I cold have been there to participate. Great advertising ideas!

ginger said...

hey, check out the "Just Between Friends" sale... it's a franchise started by two friends of mine and it is now HUGE! They have something like 1500 consignors now and a biggillion items consigned. I just worked my 40 hours to "preshop" before the public. And it all started just 8 years ago in one of their garages... cool, huh?
you're on to something Mel.
love you~
A